Liz T Designs

Tuesday, April 17, 2012

New Designs

I used to wonder where I would get my ideas for new items.  Would I run out of ideas?  Would I have "crafter's block"?  (Similar to writer's block)  Would I use ideas that are too much like what some other people have done?

With close to 18 months under my belt, so to speak, on the internet in the craft world, I have learned many things.  The first of which is, the more I learn, the more I realize the little I really know.  The second being, everything gets recycled.

I sometimes worry if I have found my niche.  I sometimes worry if I try to branch out too far, and not spend enough time on any one thing.  My crafts reflect my thoughts, they are all over the place.  I sometimes worry if I have too many items that are too different.  Should I concentrate on just one art form?

In 18 months, I have made less than a dozen sales.  I quite often wonder, am I good enough?  I wonder if my art is good enough.

After all of that, I think, what the h*ll, it's my art!  It makes me happy!  If it sells fine, if it doesn't sell...  Life goes on.  Somewere, somehow, others will appreciate it somewhere.

Food for thought.

Blessed Be!

Tree Agate Bead Embroidered Cuff Bracelet
See more photos of this bracelet at:
https://www.etsy.com/listing/57953163/tree-agate-beaded-cuff-bracelet?listing_id=57953163&listing_slug=tree-agate-beaded-cuff-bracelet

No comments:

Post a Comment